I wrote this record on my own in Canada and came and recorded it at several studios in Los Angeles. This record was a continuation of reflection on my childhood and past that continued from how I began to write with more abandon at 19 years old. Further questioning patriarchy and desperately wanting to define what love really is, had me sharing even more about my relationships with an eye toward wanting peace, connection and unearthing what was keeping me from that.
I produced this record on my own, part passionate diving-in, and part wanting to prove to myself that I was not the “svengali’d” girl that some saw me as. I saw the writing, recording and producing of this record as a way of really owning the producer in me. I experimented for hours and hours with sonic landscapes and ever-growing technological options.
- Producer: Alanis Morissette
- Mixing: Chris Fogel, Ron Jacobs
- Guitars: Alanis Morissette, Nick Lashley, Joel Shearer, Tim Thorney, Dean DeLeo
- Keyboards: Alanis Morissette, Jamie Muhoberac, Mark Stephens, Richard Davis, Carmen Rizzo
- Bass: Chris Chaney, Tim Thorney, Flea (track 2), Meshell Ndegeocello (tracks 5 and 9), Eric Avery (track 6), Chris Bruce (track 3)
- Guitars: Chris Chaney, Tim Thorney, Flea (track 2), Meshell Ndegeocello (tracks 5 and 9), Eric Avery (track 6), Chris Bruce (track 3)
- Drums: Gary Novak