1 lg Kaboch or Butternut squash
1 lg. onion, minced
2″ fresh ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 stalks of celery chopped fine
3 Tbsp ghee, or coconut oil
1/2 cup cashews or pumpkin seeds
1 tsp real salt
1 Tbsp garam masala
1 small can coconut milk
1/2 cup mild white miso, dissolved in 1 c hot water
Bake the squash, yams, until well done (about 1 hr at 375*)
Let them cool.
– Remove seeds and skins, compost.
– Blend with 2 cups hot water, and put into a good heavy bottomed soup pot.
– Saute’ the onion, garlic, ginger and celery in the Ghee, add Garam Masala while it’s still cooking, then turn off heat and let absorb.
– Add to soup.
– Add miso and coconut milk. Do not boil once these are in, heat slowly over low heat.
– Add salt, a little tamari or Bragg’s, too, to taste.
– Toast the nuts for garnish. Pay attention!
Think of those who will eat it with love, this is the main ingredient!