I have always geeked out over deeply care-full design. Homes. Rooms. Nails. Hair. Couches. Bags. Even and especially the carefully crafted god-drawn lines in nature. Everywhere. Abstract. Modern. Chaos. Simplicity. All using spatial intelligence and channeling a piece, a table, a fabric….talisman-like markers, commemorators, uplifters, reminders. Wherever the eye can look there is room for this resource of beauty and expression. These are some of my fave RINGS…not to inspire buying (altho if you have the inclination and resources, by all means) but more to extoll and celebrate the gifts and ridiculousness of these quiet creations of genius.
1. A high energy, leadership connoting stone, striking, cocktail meets day to day. Designed by Ann Sisteron.
2. Breathtaking, geometric goodness. Designed by Karma EL-Khalil – Trilogy Ring.
3. Found this miracle of an art piece while on a ski trip. The subtleties and purity of the dove within the crystal…connoting freedom and peace with Sevan Bicakci’s gorgeous Turkish sensibility. Just, wow. Designed by Sevan Bicakci.
4. Hummingbird’s conjure the spirit of my grandmother and link the matriarchal line in my family. Eating out of a delicate flower peppered with rubies. Sweetness and regality at once. Designed by Pade Vavra.
5. Happily sleuthing through new york looking for any aesthetic that boggled my mind, this one had my mouth agape. Venyx. Whimsy meets rock n roll meets oceanic. Amen. Designed by VENYX.
6. The root, the heart, the ethereal energy centers explored in a circle of stunning pave pie. Worn as a statement, or with jeans, this piece bursts my heart. Estate piece from Roseark.
7. Kathryn Bentley (dream collective) has a style completely unique to her that includes aesthetic odes to old world meets modern meets nods to future meets simple meets statement meets activism. So pretty. Designed by Kathyrn Bentley.
8. The eagle representing a widened and heightened perspective, freedom, objectivity, bird’s-eye view wisdom. Courage. Wrapped like a sweet comfort and inspiration on the “power finger”—most closely relating to the heart. I want to eat this ring. My fellow shamana-mama. Designed by Kathy Rose – Eagle Ring.
9. I have been chasing the yin-yang ring that Alexa Chung has been wearing consistently for a long time. It became my “where’s waldo” every time I saw a photo of her…hoping against all hope that she might throw me a subtle bone of where I might find it. 🙂 While I stood by…I found what was the farthest thing from a consolation prize of yin-yang-dom: this masterpiece that is steeped in deep yellow gold that connotes some of my favorite countries’ golds. Shimmering. And bringing me back, again and again to MODERATION: the antidote to all suffering for me in the extremes. Designed by Tara Hirshberg.
10. My friend phoned me from downtown LA. “You might. need. to come down. here. asap.” Opal, like the sea, surrounded by crown chakra purple and pave envelopment. Royal, empowered, and oracular, at once. Purchased at Young’s Fine Jewelry.
11. I have been a Polly Wales fan for a very long time. Striking. Brave. Feminine. One of a kind pieces. These take the classic yellow gold band to a whole other level of idiosyncratic color fantasy. Designed by Polly Wales.
12. Found this baccarat crystal flower ring while in London. Delicate. Soft. Intricate. Fragile. Sentimental bloom. Antique. A beauty.